Tropica CO2 System Nano is a complete CO2 set with an elegant nano design. This allows CO2 to be simply and accurately added to a small aquarium. With the supplied holder, it can be hung on the edge of the aquarium or placed next to it.
CO2 fertilization has a positive effect on the growth of aquarium plants and improves color development.
The set comes complete with CO2 hose, pressure regulator, 3-in-1 CO2 diffuser, holder and one cartridge.
1. Make sure the pressure regulator is completely closed before screwing it on the cartridge.
2. Fill the diffuser chamber with water.
3. Place the cartridge in the holder, slide the suction cups over the hose and connect the hose to the pressure regulator and diffuser.
4. Attach the diffuser to the inside of the aquarium near the bottom.
5. Leave the diffuser in the aquarium for 24 hours to make sure the ceramic disc is completely saturated.
6. Gently open the pressure regulator and count the number of bubbles per minute in the diffuser chamber.
7. Wait 5 minutes, make adjustments and repeat these steps until the number of bubbles per minute matches the recommended dosage in the table below.
The table shows a recommended dosage (bubbles per minute) in different aquarium sizes. A 95 gram CO2 cartridge contains 50,000 ml CO2.
The natural CO2 content in an aquarium is only 0-0.5 mg / L. Even the smallest addition of CO2 can make a big difference in improving the growth and development of aquarium plants. If the aquarium only contains slow growing plants (Easy), the CO2 content should be approx. 3mg / L for good growing conditions. For average growing aquarium plants (Medium) the requirement is approx. 10 mg / L and for more difficult aquarium plants (Advanced) the level is approx. 25 mg / L.
*) If the aquarium is larger with average and difficult aquarium plants, the CO2 cartridge is quickly empty. In this case it is advisable to choose a larger CO2 system, for example with a 2 kg bottle.