Oase Nitrate remover
The denitrifying bacteria are responsible for the breakdown of nitrate. These conditions cannot be created in traditional filters, so there is often too much nitrate in the water. The negative consequences are: an increase in algae growth and an increased susceptibility to diseases of the aquarium inhabitants. FilterAction nitrate remover is the solution for natural nitrate reduction in the aquarium. The patented filter medium can train bacterial layers with a certain depth, so-called biofilms, which have oxygen-containing and oxygen-free zones. 100 g FilterAction nitrate remover breaks down up to 30 g extra nitrate and therefore contributes to improving water quality for a long time. Water changes are required less frequently, reducing stress on the aquarium inhabitants. FilterAction nitrate remover also increases the carbonate hardness of the water.
Available in 60 grams or 120 grams
Oase Nitrate remover properties
- Natural, sustainable nitrate reduction
- Increases carbonate hardness and breaks down completely
- Less water changes and therefore less stress for the fish
- Long-term active against nitrate
- Co-substrate and microbiological colonization surface in one
- Can be placed directly in the filter thanks to the ready-to-use mesh bag
- Less stress for fish
- For fresh and sea water
Oase Nitrate remover usage information
- Place the net bag in the filter. Depending on the nitrate content and the water volume, the nitrate remover is completely degraded over time. Renew every 6 months.