An ampoule contains nitrifying bacteria and facultative bacterial colonies selected for their capacity to convert ammonia to nitrite, nitrite to nitrates, and nitrate to nitrogen. Biological filtering gets underway quickly thanks to several nitrifying bacteria such as Nitrosomonas europaea and Nitrobacter winogradskyi. The process is monitored due to the presence of different strains of heterotrophic bacteria such as Paracoccus denitrificans and Pseudomonas stuzeri. These bacteria work together and finish the process started by the other bacteria. In aerobic conditions, some strains are able to lower nitrates with enzymes. This purifies the water. The presence of nitrates and phosphates is reduced, so that algae have less chance.
Prodibio BioDigest has the best effect in the start-up phase. Overdose is not necessary. For a better effect, the product can be used with some regularity.
Available in 6, 12 or 30 ampoules
- Composed of live bacterial cultures
- Helps reduce waste build-up through diverse cultures of heterotrophic bacteria
- Nitrate and phosphate is reduced
- Prevents the spread of thread algae
- The best way to start biological filtering in freshwater or saltwater
- Convert ammonia to nitrite, nitrite to nitrates and nitrates to nitrogen
- At the start of a freshwater aquarium or seawater aquarium
- An ampoule every 15 days maintains optimal purification for the aquarium
- To speed up the purification process, do not increase the dosage, but use the product regularly
Aquarium content: 120-1000 liters per 15 days 1 ampoule